Thursday, June 5, 2008

True Love awaits in a magazine

True Love awaits in a magazine!
In a picture of a pretty girl who jump-starts the heart.
It waits to be rescued from the jail that bars its return.
It is waiting impatiently, because it knows we are out there.
It is calling, "Come claim your prize, noble one, you have won 'my' heart!"

...and it's just that is it not?... it, not SHE or HE, but IT; an object.

I have been waiting for that girl I see in sheets, with a shiny sheen, that clutter our heads

But this simply cannot be.
IT is not real.
But SHE may be.
IT is a figment of our magazines
or imaginations is it?
Maybe then i will stop my fantasy
When i realize.
When i stop the ties,
To dreams finished by a paintbrush or photoshop
I'll see a more beautiful REAL version of she,
One who's hand I can hold,
who's face I can behold,
and who's laugh can intoxicate my stronghold.

The IT will turn into SHE
and I will see what Love
Truly can be

1 comment:

Jax said...

I just want to say that I really enjoyed this poem. Because as a woman looking at those magazines its hard to feel beautiful sometimes. But I felt the conviction in your writing and I really enjoyed this :)