Monday, June 9, 2008

Santa Cruz

So together with two other good friends I went to Santa Cruz today for church at vintage faith... an awesome post-modern church directed towards the artistic community (among others) in SC. We had some time to kill so we headed downtown and ended up grabbing coffee and just walking around. In the process I nabbed a pair of zig-zag hemp slip-on shoes that are ill as all get out for under 20 bucks!!! On our way back to the car we passed a couple gutter-punks our age who had a sign that read...

"Ugly. Broke. Hungry."

I stopped and turned to one of the guys and nonchalantly said...

"It's okay man, I'm ugly too."

The guy looked at me, said
"Fuck man..." genuinely taken aback,
looked down for a second, then back up again and said,
"I don't know how to come back to that!"

I laughed and we walked away.

Church was great and after we went to this awesome lounge/bar called the red room for beer, appetizers and to listen to the jazz band that was playing. The night was filled with conversation, really good beer (I personally had this dark Belgian lager 1554 and this tart beer Rodenbach Grand Cru) and the musings of my mind on pretty ladies with jazz in the background.

Altogether it was a damn good day.

And over all I consider myself blessed.

No comments: